2017 MLA, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, January 5-8
Saturday, 7 January 1:45-3:00 p.m., 112A PCC
572. Virginia Woolf Scholars Come to Their Senses, Presiding Pamela L. Caughie, Loyola University, Chicago
Program arranged by the International Virginia Woolf Society
- "'The Thing Itself' and the Politics of Aesthetic Emotion," Jane M. Garrity, University of Colorado, Boulder
- "Woolfian Haptics: Touching on Moods and Modes," Elizabeth Sheehan, Oregon State University
- "Sensory Bewitchment: Elevating the Lower Senses in Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway," Allyson De Maagd, West Virginia University, Morgantown
2018 MLA, New York, New York, January 4-7
IVWS Guaranteed Panel
Panel Title: "Woolf's Spaces,” Friday, January 5 1:45-3:00 p.m.,
New York Ballroom East (Sheraton)
Panel Chair: Thais Rutledge, University of Texas, Austin
Katie Logan, University Commonwealth at Virginia
"The Undiscovered Country’: Woolf’s Geography of Illness"
Thais Rutledge, University of Texas, Austin
"A Place of One’s Own: The Need for Space in Mrs. Dalloway"
Robert Tally, Texas State University
"Point of View as Cognitive Mapping: Mrs. Dalloway’s Sense of Place"
Celiese Lypka, University of Calgary
"Woolf’s Spatiality: Relational Bodies and Affective Spaces"
IVWS Members are invited to send a panel proposal / topic for MLA 2019, which would be in addition to the guaranteed panel for the Society. Please submit to Kristin_Czarnecki@georgetowncollege.edu :
- A max 35-word description (word count includes title)
- The name(s) and contact information of the proposed organizer(s)