Resources - Graduate Association for Students in Physiology


Here is a list of resources that you may find helpful as a graduate student.


Mitacs Opportunities Mitacs is a national research organization that offers unique research and training programs for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in Canada. Check out what they have to offer.

Graduate Professional Skills Program (GPS) The Graduate Professional Skills (GPS) program is an initiative under SGS to help prepare graduate students for their future. This program offers credits in personal effectiveness, teaching and research-related skills. There is no fee to register, but some courses may have a small fee. Check it out and see if any courses interest you. Once completed, you will have a notation on your transcript.

LSCDS The Life Science Career Development Society (LSCDS) bridges the gap between academia and industry for graduate students in science. They offer networking events, a mentorship program, and career seminars.

University Services - General

SGS The official School of Graduate Studies (SGS) website. This has resources for all U of T graduate students including: registration, student services, polices, and program completion.

Conflict Resolution Centre The Conflict Resolution Centre (CRC) for Graduate Students is a service offered to prevent and address conflicts you are facing. They do not intervene or advocate- they listen and help you navigate your way forward. If you are facing conflicts in your academic or personal life, book an appointment with them since no matter is too small to discuss.

UofT Student Life Career Centre The Career Centre offers career advising appointments, tools and resources, as well as workshops and events. Check out what they have to offer for life after graduate school


UTGSU Health Benefits Being a graduate student means that you have healthcare coverage by GSU. This is the link to find out what the plan covers and how to claim your benefits.

CUPE3902 If you are a TA, this website has all the information you need to know about CUPE, unit 1 (the TA union). If you TA more than 50 hours you also qualify for benefits offered by CUPE. Information about the benefits is also on this page.

Health Services

Health and Wellness Center The Health and Wellness Center offers services such as: general health (allergy shots, birth control, check-ups), mental health (counselling), tobacco cessation, food and nutrition, sexual health, and immunizations. They also offer peer support and workshops (better sleep, better coping skills, and grief support). Check out the website to learn more and make an appointment. The great news is, as long as you are a student who has paid your fees, you are eligible for these services!

HWC Appointments Here is the direct link to make a counselling appointment, offered by the Health and Wellness Center.

HWC Workshops Here is the direct link to the workshops offered by the Health and Wellness Center.

General Links

The official Cardiovascular Sciences Collaborative Program Website
The Official Collaborative Program in Neuroscience (CPIN) website.