Software Download FAQ
Access to Download Page
I tried to access the download page from home but I get a notification stating that access is restricted from my location or similar.
Access is restricted to U of T IP addresses. If you wish to make a purchase from another location, you will need to install and run U of T’s UTORvpn software, which allows you to access restricted campus resources from other locations (full details are available at vpn.utoronto.ca).
I tried to access the download page and I get a message saying I am not eligible?
Only active faculty, staff and students can access the online store. To verify your status, contact the Help Desk at email@example.com, or 416-978-4357. Please note, this contact information is for status inquiries only. For other questions, please contact the Licensed Software Office at 416-978-4990.
I tried to access the download page and I get a message saying “Email address not found”
Please send us an email with your UTORid and we will attempt to resolve the issue, providing the UTORid and email address match in our records.
What browsers can I use?
Most modern browsers on MS Windows or Mac OS X environments should work.
Can I download the product more than once?
You can download the product up to 5 times.
Types of download files?
The most common format provided is ISO. Depending on the software, the file might be an EXE, DMG, or ZIP file.
What do I do with these files?
ISO – disk image.
- burn to DVD/CD if you have the appropriate software You will then have a DVD/CD with all necessary installation files. Find Setup.exe (Note: .exe will not show up if you have Windows 7)
- uncompress with suitable software (such as 7-Zip). You will then have a folder with all necessary installation files. Find Setup.exe (Note: .exe will not show up if you have Windows 7)
- mount it as a disk image using the appropriate software (such as DaemonTools). Install as you would from a physical CD/DVD in your drive.
ZIP – compressed file. Uncompress with built-in Windows software by double-clicking. This should provide a folder with all necessary installation files. Find Setup.exe (.exe will not show up if you have Windows 7)
DMG – compressed file (Macintosh). Uncompress with built-in Mac software by double-clicking.
How do I install the program?
- DMG – once you have uncompressed the file, if you see an installer, double-click and follow the instructions. If you see the application, drag and drop it to Applications folder.
- EXE – double-click and follow the instructions.
How do I obtain the license key?
If a license key is required it will be provided on the order summary page after payment.
If I lose the license key can I get it back?
Log in to software.utoronto.ca and go to the Account page. Under Account Settings, click Digital Goods to view your license keys.
How many licenses do I have?
Login and go to the Account page to view your previously purchased licenses.
Can I see my previous orders (order history)?
Log in to software.utoronto.ca and go to the Account page to view your previously purchased licenses.
How can I get a CD/DVD for the product I purchased?
Use the CD SKU
Do you ship the CD/DVD?
- We ask that you pick up the CD/DVD if you are located at the St George Campus
- If you are located at UTM or UTSC it can be shipped via Campus Mail
- If you are located at a hospital served by CARECOR, it can be shipped using that service for free
- It can be shipped via regular Canada Post for $5 to any Ontario address (Create a Shipping SKU)
- It can be shipped via Purolator ground service for $15 to any Ontario address (Create a Shipping SKU). You can also use your Purolator account by providing us with the information.