Aboriginal Students

Academic Counselling & Writing Help
Academic Counselling & Writing Help

Academic and writing counselling is provided in many departments and faculties across the University. If you are a student at one of the colleges, chances are they will provide a writing lab, the details of which can be found on their respective websites.

Students at the Transitional Year Programme are given instruction on how to study and write for University as a part of their regular studies. They will be introduced to the expectations of various fields, and guidelines on how to work within them. There is also a Writing and Composition course that TYP students must take to complete their program.

Details on this are offered here.

Aboriginal students are encouraged to make use of the Writer in Residence program and the Academic Counsellor at First Nations House. Information on these programs can be found at their website or by calling (416) 978-8227.