On This Page: Additional Material ~ Examples, References, Corrections, & Updates
- Description of Hypertext REL/REV Link Relationships (at the Wiley Web site)
- This document describes hypertext links and the meanings of REL/REV values proposed for specifying the meaning behind a link. This document is available in Word 6, Word 2 for Windows, RTF (Rich Text), WordPerfect 5.x, and Postscript formats.
These notes were based on a (long expired) IETF working draft on REL/REV values. This draft is available at: http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/maloneyQuinLinkRel.txt and at http://www.ics.uci.edu/~ejw/authoring/draft-ietf-html-relrev-00.txt.
- Glossary of Important Terms (at the Wiley Web site)
- This document provides a glossary of important Web and Internet terms. This is available in HTML, Word 6, Word 2 for Windows, RTF (Rich Text), WordPerfect 5.x, and Postscript formats.
- HTML Entity Reference Test document (Appendix A)
- This HTML document, en_test.html, demonstrates through use the currently defined HTML entity references.
- Table of Common MIME Types (Appendix B)
- This HTML document, mimetype.html, provides a list of MIME types commonly used on the Web .
- Backtalk and Listen Source code listings (Appendix D)
- These links provide access to source code listings to the programs listen.c and backtalk.c.
- Tables of Language and Country Codes (Appendix E)
- These HTML documents list the ISO 639 language and ISO 3166 country codes used in Internet applications to indicate a document's language.
- Colors and Color Names (Appendix F)
- HTML 3.2 supports 16 named colors, while Netscape 3 and Internet Explorer 3 support many additional names. This colors support document lists the names and provides a test document that tests these values on your browser.
NOTE -- Corrections and updates sections are dated -- The corrections and updates sections are dated, to let you immediately know where and when new material was added.
HELP!! Your help is always appreciated -- Should you find a mistake in the book or a correction that you think is needed, please let me know, at firstname.lastname@example.org. I try and answer all my mail, and am always greatful for your help in improving this book, and this Web site.
14-Mar-1997 Chapter 1 R 1-July-1997 Chapter 2 1-July-1997 Chapter 3 R 1-July-1997 Chapter 4 R 1-July-1997 Chapter 5 R 1-July-1997 Chapter 6 R 23-February-1998 Chapter 7 R Chapter 8 R 1-July-1997 Chapter 9 R 1-July-1997 Chapter 10 R 2-Sept-1997 Chapter 11 R Chapter 12 R 19-Mar-1997 Appendix A R 2-Dec-1997 Appendix B R 1-July-1997 Appendix C R Appendix D 2-Sept-1997 Appendix E R Appendix F Index 1-July-1997
|The HTML Sourcebook -- 3Ed|
© 1995--2000 by Ian S. Graham
|Page Last Updated: 23 March 2000|